Friday, May 18, 2012
24x36 Maybe this one should be titled "check out how much I've improved". I repainted a painting I did in the fall of 2010. I was never really happy with it so I decided to fix it, and so much was wrong that fixing it turned into completely repainting it. It's a portrait of my cousin picking flowers on my Grandmother's farm. The bottom photo is what I painted earlier, the likeness wasn't very good, the proportions were off, the background was boring and I didn't finish it very well. Now I have a much better likeness, the pose is still a little stiff, but I couldn't do much about that, so I changed the background to give it some rhythm. I also fixed the proportions, made her taller and gave her a smaller head, I also changed the position of the hands. Basically the only thing I kept was the bush in the bottom left.